Food

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Uncertain times

In the 1960’s & 70’s there were a lot of things causing anxiety in the world & in the US. Social, political, & economic crisis caused many of us to drop out & head “back to the land” & to self reliance. Some of us even went to an unhealthy survivalist mind set. Fortunately the Lord saved me & redeemed me from that fearful lifestyle. It does seem like we are again living in uncertain times, how do we as believers live & lead as salt & light in these days? We start with the truth that He loves us, cares for us, & has promised to meet our needs and enable us to be generous to others. Also His word gives us instruction for living in any culture & time. What practical wisdom has He shown you for living in these days? I have some stuff to share but would prefer to hear from you first.

1 comment:

  1. When I realized how much "fear not" is mentioned in the Bible, I have become much calmer in many ways. When I understood that God is working His Plan, then I realized that this is why He says "fear not." I watch the events that unfold and often think of how God will use the events to reveal His Glory. The story of Joseph reminds me that "what man means for evil ... God means for good." We may not be able to see God's plan in this moment but He is working it out for His Glory. My faith in the Lord and His promise that He will never leave me regardless of the circumstances gives me great comfort as I face each day.

    ReplyDelete